
This happened last week-
Today was a rainy morning but the grocery store was having their coupon day: $10 off a purchase of $50. Now-a-days I can put 5 things in my cart and come up with that:) so off we went to save $10. Plus I am out at 8 a.m. anyway dropping of school child #1 so I thought I'd get it done and over with. On our way back I had one of those many experiences in my life that remind me that there is no such thing as coincidence:
The road I was on would probably be considered a country road with no shoulders or lines even for the edge of the road. As I was coming to an S curve I hydoplaned and my van started to tailspin. In that split second I asked myself "am I supposed to turn into the spin?" It didn't matter I had no control whatsoever of my van as I was in the curve. I crossed the line and headed for the metal fence on the other side. I knew I was going to hit the fence. But then suddenly my car fishtailed around the other way so I would be facing oncoming traffic (those behind me). So it was like I did a 180. The only unique thing is that in this S curve there is a road that goes off of it and my van ended up partly on that road only on the wrong side of the road. I tried drawing a diagram but it's really hard to explain. Now, I mentioned it was a country road but that doesn't mean that it isn't well traveled. It is actually called hwy N and is a very busy road. I also mentioned it was in the middle of an "s" curve with very limited view. When I looked up there was a car trying to turn left onto the road I was blocking with 3 or 4 cars behind it. I quickly backed up and tried to get on the right side and turn back on the road and head home. I don't even know the words to describe how I was feeling. I am still in shock of how I did not anyone or either of the two fences. It literally took only seconds and then to have absolutely no one coming until my car was turned around? If it had been a split second later??? Seriously there is just no way it was coincidence. This whole week as I have traveled that road (speed limit 50) I have marveled over and over how I didn't have a very serious accident that morning. Now I know you might be thinking "easy to say you were watched over because you miraculously didn't hit anyone/thing" but I could say it even if I were. There have been times in my life where I found myself in less than desirable circumstances and yet when I think of those times I don't think "Where was God when I needed Him?" Instead I can more boldly testify as I can once again after this incidence that He is watching over me. Why I was so blessed this time I don't know. I only know that His tender mercies reached out to me again and that as I looked back at my three beautiful little princesses in my car I was filled with more gratitude than I can explain and a even stronger testimony that there is no such thing as coincidence.

2 comments:
That is amazing!! I have had an experience like that myself, only without the three beautiful princesses in the back of the vehicle. It is very humbling...
We are protected.
Post a Comment