To get ready for conference we were reading about King Benjamin and his people that came and pitched their tents around the temple to hear the Prophet speak. Then I saw this idea of making a conference reverence tent and wha--la. We had to give it a try. I love having visuals as teaching aids;). Now I won't say it was magic and made everyone reverent all through conference, but I will say it was fun and they enjoyed eating their shish kabobs and playing in it. I was so looking forward to conference. I loved the talks on unity, prayer, hope, finding joy, etc. As much as I want to keep up with current events, I have had a hard time lately. It is all so discouraging, maddening, and frightening at the same time. And that is why I love conference so much. It is so uplifting and encouraging. I love that I know that Heavenly Father loves me and has sent a Prophet to help lead us and guide us in today's world just as he did in the days of Moses, Abraham, Noah and many others. They are the Lord's mouthpiece and I know if we heed and obey their counsel we will not only be protected but we can find the peace and love He offers. I am also grateful for modern day technology---so that if I need to reread one of the talks that maybe I didn't hear as well (even with the reverence tent:)) then I can just click a button and it is there! If you missed something or if you just want to be uplifted just click here and enjoy!
Sunday, October 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
This is such a cute picture and a great idea...I should remember this (hopefully) for the future. You are so creative!!
Post a Comment