Saturday, October 4, 2008

Like a kid in a candy store

hmmm.......what do we have here?

Last week we mowed our lawn with our push lawn mower. We have 3/4 of an acre. It obviously took some time;) It was so funny because our neighbor came out after Dave had been at it for some time (and Jordan and I had done some too earlier in the morning) and he couldn't believe it and offered his mower. Dave said he almost had it and no problem. So a few minutes later his son comes out and starts mowing with Dave (haha) I told you these people were amazing. Well then this week the neighbor at the end of the street brought up two mowers that didn't work. We had previously talked about buying one from him last week. When he brought them up, he explained what needed fixed and refused anything we offered. After the kids went to bed Dave was getting ready to go see what he could do. Seriously you should have seen his face...literally like a kid in a candy store. I totally laughed at him. But thanks again to the talents he has been blessed with, he found everything he needed off one mower and made the new one work again (belt, battery, and something else -ha!) Dad do you want the rest (hahaha--just kidding mom I wouldn't do that to you!;))

3 comments:

Phillip and Lisa Hill said...

What a blessing, the mowers and the talent!

Ellaniemae said...

There goes that McGyver, getting into another adventure...It is so great that your husband has so many talents!

Tamra said...

I love it, and can totally imagine him out in his own little heaven!