Thursday, October 2, 2008

If you plant it.....

it will grow!!! That is what we learned from Haley this spring. We were eating watermelon and she wanted to "plant" her seed in the tiny little dirt spot in front of our condo in Columbia. I told her she could run out and do it knowing nothing would come out of it. Later, she told Jordan and I that her watermelon was growing and Jordan told her it wasn't really a watermelon and when I glanced over I knew she would soon be disappointed when she realized it was a weed. Well, I was wrong. Amazing how the kids maybe watered it a few times and did nothing else and yet--Here is one of two big watermelons that came off the vine at our condo.div>

Haley got to be the first taste tester. Yummy!
And without a doubt--we've saved the seeds for next year!

1 comment:

Phillip and Lisa Hill said...

My kids planted peach seeds and some dog food. We may not see the same such fruit.