Monday, March 2, 2009

One Year Mark

Last week we celebrated the one year anniversary of Dave's job so I thought I would update you on what he is doing. He started out as a database analyst but has transisted more into web development and server technology development and solutions. He works on site with NGA and other commercial customers in the St. Louis area. His new title will be something like solution architect. He really loves his job.

(Translation from me: I really don't have a clue what all that means up there--all I know is that my husband has a great job and he is happy. So that makes us happy:) I just asked him for his title so at least when people ask me (like a dr. office or something) I can tell them what my husband "does".:)

His office consists of great and humorous people to work with. (most of the people he works for are younger than he is--imagine that! It was a real surprise for me at the christmas party. He goes bowling during lunch. They have a foosball table to play at work. Right now there is a contest of growing beards with awards going to "most creative" "most disturbing" "most pathetic". I know this doesn't sound very professional but it really is a great company--haha) I know I'm a little prejudice;) but it is no surprise to me that he is doing so well. He loves to figure things out. You can just see the wheels turning sometimes:)

Looking back we can see the hand of the Lord moving us into this stable job prior to the economic downturn and we feel so blessed!!

4 comments:

Phillip and Lisa Hill said...

One time I asked Phillip what he did at work that day and he told me and it was gross, so I don't ask anymore. He explains things he does and it goes right over my head too. The beard thing is hilarious. The only time Phillip has ever let his grow is when he has tried to look like Clint Eastwood for Halloween. You will have to take pics.

kelie said...

Lisa gave a sharing time on Sunday about dad's roles, so when we got home that day Jenna was talking about what daddy does. Then I asked her, "Do you know what Daddy's job is?" And she said, "to work." And I was like, yah, but when he goes into work, what does he do? She looked at me like I was a little slow in the head and was like, "he just does some work and then some more work mom!" They have no idea, and really, neither do I!

Ellaniemae said...

I am really glad for you that this move was a great thing for your family, but I STILL MISS YOU A TON!!! I don't think that ever goes away, either. I miss VTing you...Okay, enough of the weeping...Happy Anniversary, Dave!

Cari said...

Congrats Dave! Jeff just hit his too and he couldn't be happier. It makes such a difference when daddy has a job that he enjoys so that he can come home in a good mood. Speaking of one year marks, Addie is almost a year old and you still don't have a family picture up that includes her. Not that you have been busy or anything.