Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Recording the Recorder


Did you have the priviledge of playing one of these as a kid? Well now Jordan is learning. It's so funny they have a case and a piece to hold it out and everything--way more than we ever had. They even had a performance tonight. I did spare you the video--haha!
"We've got REALLY STINKY FEET!"

The music teacher at his school is unbelievable. Jordan has always loved school but he did hate Wednesdays before because it was "music". He would say he didn't even want to go---that was shocking to me since he really enjoyed school. Well after a few months of living here I asked Jordan how he was doing with the "new" everything. I asked him to tell me one thing he liked about his new school. His reply: "Music". I was driving and about hit the floor (I mean really he HATED music). That in itself explains the qualities of this music teacher. Never underestimate the power of ONE! or what you may doing as a "teacher".

1 comment:

kelie said...

Oh my goodness, RECORDERS! I forgot all about that unit. The only good thing about home schooling...no recorders! :)