Thursday, June 5, 2008

Through the Years...



I was in a Sunday School class one time where the teacher was talking about our marriage relationships and how they change over time. She made the point that when we get married we take lots of pictures and display them. As time goes on, however, we see less and less pictures of the "couple" and she emphasized the importance of taking pictures throughout the years because even though children may come we are still a couple and it is important to keep that relationship alive. She also gave the tip that black and white hides a lot of things:) So these are definitely not the best pictures of us. And it is surprising how right she was in even trying to find pictures of "just the two of us", but it is fun to go back through the memories and see where we have been-----
It started at a dance so innocently...Dave was so impressed with me getting my grove on---ok, maybe not. He was in the corner still experiencing RM shock:) I did manage to get myself closer and we began to talk. Two weeks later we were engaged (something I said I would NEVER do:)) and the rest is history:
2 BA degrees from MU, 4 children, 5 homes (6 if you count the temporary housing), 7 jobs/employment, 5 vehicles, 9 service callings, a few trials, and many happy times to remember and there isn't anyone else I would rather have shared these things with. I love you...Happy Anniversary Dave!!

3 comments:

The Helwigs said...

Happy Anniversary!!!
Love Rachel

Phillip and Lisa Hill said...

Fun to see the "younger pics." Great job!!!

Jessica said...

So cute! What a sweet post, You have done a lot in your little marriage! i loved your young pics too -