Saturday, June 7, 2008

Free day

Have you heard the phrase "not everything in life is free". Well today would seem to prove that wrong. We were able to go to the free fishing clinic provided by the city at Bass Pro Shop. They have everything there for you: rods, reels, bait, etc. You just grab a pole and start fishing. If you catch one they measure it for you and take your picture. On top of that they have free food and they have a raffle that they call out winners every so often.
As if that wasn't enough our neighborhood businesses had a few bounce houses, sno cones, popcorn, books, pizza, hot dogs, etc to add to our day's freebies. This was all before 12noon. Needless-to-say the kids had a great "free" day!


Waiting for the fish...

"I got it!"

After seeing the older 2 catch a fish, Megan wanted one too. So I tried casting and they were quite embarrassing, I even got laughed at from a friend:) HOWEVER, 3rd time is a charm and I (with Meg's help) caught this 8 pounder!

Lunch is served: no cooking, no cleaning---just perfect!

Haley and her loot from the raffle drawing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like fun. It was free fish day for the county here on Sat. It gets to be elbow to elbow though so no one in our family hits the water that day -- in fact, we try pretty hard to avoid it! Glad to hear you got a fish though!