Thursday, June 26, 2008

Recent Funny Sayings

Haley: We were driving home one day and were in a familiar area to the kids. Haley asks me, "mom are we on top of our house?" She must have a little bit of her daddy in her with her mapping abilities---we were just north of where we live! Funny how they try to find the words to describe what their brains are thinking.

One day she was asking me the meaning of a word and I couldn't figure out what word she was asking me. Finally she says, "mom, you said my hair was so danged cute. What does danged mean?" :)

Jordan: Haley had checked out a ballerina movie to learn how to dance. She was in her tutu and following along with the video. She was asking us to read what it said inbetween each little segment. The world waltz came on and Jordan says "oh I know how to do that." And he proceeds to get up and stick his arm out and start dancing! I chuckled a little (and maybe made him nervous, but it was so cute) I said "where did you learn that?" and he said "music class" and kinda smiled/laughed. So then I said, "oh that is cool Jordan. Girls love it when a guy can dance." and he gave a nervous laugh and was like "uh I don't want them to know":)hahaha

Megan: I can't think of any one particular thing except that she has just exploded with words lately. She has gone from the one word phrase to almost a whole sentence and I seem to keep hearing new words all the time like "move, Mommy" or "Daddy, where are you?"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're always taking your kids & doing so many fun things! I wish I could find something that had all those types of activities for our area listed out so that I could take my kids & do these things! I think they would have an absolute blast & it would be really nice to get out of the house some days!! What IS your secret??