Sunday, January 25, 2009

Thank you Megan!

We have now been without diapers for a couple weeks (if I remember right;)) so YEAH! for Megan. However, I didn't want to forget a couple things about the potty training experience with Meg--

1. She pretty much potty trained herself--no I'm not kidding, and it's not because she is in the independent stage (which she is). I was not looking forward to it --I mean really? and we had the holidays and a whole bunch of stuff so I wanted to wait until things were settled but seriously I would be feeding the baby and all of the sudden I would hear: "Go Meggie Go Meggie" That was my cue to know that she had totally gone into the bathroom herself and did her business and was now congratulating herself on her greatness!!!haha! I LOVE IT! so of course I sang right along with her--thank you Megan, is all I have to say

2. You cannot go through potty training without at least one embarrassing moment: mine was going to the bathroom in a public restroom and then having Megan louldy sing: "Go mommy Go mommy--you get a treat!" Love that girl!:)

4 comments:

WrayLynn said...

Good job, Meagan! And, I'm completely jealous. PT was a huge ordeal with Jones. And, Miles is not even close to being ready to try. He is completely content to stay in a diaper the rest of his life.

WrayLynn

Babbel Family said...

That is awesome and totaly crazy at the same time. I totally think that potty training is the hardest part of having a kid through age 5.

kelie said...

I am at the same stage with Brooke. She's pretty much potty trained herself, but I'm afraid to take that last step, the Wearing Panties in Public, step. She wears panties around the house, but then I stick her in a pull up when we go out. I wonder what I'll spend the extra money on each month...any ideas?

Phillip and Lisa Hill said...

No fair. I bought two sizes of diapers the other day at Sams and I about died.