So one of the things I love about blogging is that I get to see and learn about cute ideas I would have missed (because I somehow lucked out on the creative gene):). So I thought I would post some of the fun things I have been told about or found that I made this year for Christmas.

This is a lavendar eye pillow with pillowcase (for washing) and carrying case. I got this idea and free pattern from the Amy Butler website
here.

I got this idea years ago---just goes to show that I do keep record and I will get to it someday;) It is a card organizer. My friend made it for her mom and then put cards in the months that had b-days for their family members so she could just get out her Jan. month and mail the cards. I have to laugh somewhat because the person I gave this to is the best person in the world about sending cards--it's probably true that I needed this more than her but I hope she liked it anyway. I've seen some really cute "frilly" kind but my husband said "not so much":) So I found this cute paper with stamps on it and thought it couldn't be more appropriate.


These are tutu's I made my girls. They love to dance in them (okay maybe not Addie but she will:))

This is another idea I saw on a friend's blog. There are a couple different ideas for a crayon carrying case if you google it. They got the idea from a Martha Stewart but then changed it to have a pad of paper which I think is a must if you are going to have the crayons! They say you can use a place mat but I couldn't find any that were really cute so I just found coordinating fabrics.

These are Family Matching Game cards plus more:) We put these together for our families for game cards. They can use them for matching, old maid(maughan), and go fish. I made instructions to go with. For the Maughan side we did more group shots and then for Dave's side we did Family Faces. We thought this was fun to not only match the two faces but then you could match which cousins go with which aunt and uncle,etc. We love playing games so hopefully the rest of our family does too;) It's so much more fun when looking at yourself (haha just kidding) I meant loved ones!!! Just a side note if you want to copy this idea---totally worth it but a little more work than meets the eye:)haha!
3 comments:
Very, very impressive! I am definitely going to make the card box (for myself:).
you are a domestic diva!
I am the lucky recipient of the card box, and I LOVE it. All of the family really love the "Family Faces" game too. I guess Isabella is really nuts about it! Angela is truly the BEST gift maker I have met!!
Post a Comment