Friday, January 16, 2009

A home town

I knew the kids had Martin Luther King day but was surprised when they had today off too. What were we going to do? The high was 17 degrees. So we made a home "town" with different rooms being various stores/etc. Some that we had included: a barber shop, movie theatre, gym, laundrymat, restaraunt,homes, & a library. The kids could earn money by being a worker (ex. laundrymat folder, librarian, waiter, etc). Then they used their money to play or eat:). It was so fun. The kids made signs and took turns with the different jobs. Everyone really had fun and best of all I even got to exercise (with a penny daycare-ha!) and my house chores (laundry, dishes, cutting Jordan's hair) all got done while playing with the kids. It was definitely a win-win day:)

We also had a post office....although from this picture you can see that the person writing this letter mistook the marker for lipstick.:( Good thing it washed right off after I saw her;)

Jordan taking a turn "working out" at the gym! Can you see those muscles?

Megan washing the mirrors. This is her new favorite job at our house.

Haley giving Megan her new library card so she could check out books for quiet time:)

3 comments:

Cari said...

What a cute idea! You are so creative. I would never in a million years come up with something like that. I will have to file it away in my brain for when our kids are older. Thanks for sharing!
Cari

Phillip and Lisa Hill said...

Can you come to our house please? :) To much movie theater with Phillip working all weekend. I felt good I did FHE and scripture study though. At least that's something.

Holly said...

What a great idea? I won't tell my kids or they will want to move to your house.