Saturday, February 23, 2008

Something is wrong

Do people really wonder why people are not as healthy as they used to be? Let me give one idea: We stop at the store and I buy 1 gal. of milk, 1 small pkg of hamburger, and 3 pkts of spaghetti sauce (you know the dried little packets) and it comes to $11.11....that is wrong. Now, I understand it is not as healthy but for that same amount ---actually less, I could go through McDonald's (no this would not be my first choice but it is making my point) drive-thru and order 5 double cheeseburgers and 5 fries and feed my whole family.... are you still wondering????

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've actually had that same thought quite a few times. It can be a ton cheaper to do McD's than to go home & actually fix a decent meal for your family. Not to mention quite a bit easier!

kelie said...

That's why you'll see my van in the drive through of McDs and Taco Bell about 4 times a week! Sad, but true.

Babbel Family said...

Well I hope it was a least the Lawry's packet. And if you got it at Patricias then I see how you paid so much!

Phillip and Lisa Hill said...

Yes, but my whole body seems to feel greasier if I eat McD food. That's why I'm always so impressed when we go to Texas. They grow and shoot their food.

Anonymous said...

apparently you are having the same sticker shock that I am having when I go into the grocery store lately!!!

Tisha said...

I have to laugh, because seeing you guys at the McD's drive through last friday, it was good to see I wasn't the only one feeding my kids that food! The funniest part was James saying, "hey mom, that's the primary lady behind us,look!"