Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Oh Happy Day!


Today we got our van back. The transmission has been out since the week after Thanksgiving. So, we have been driving the Ford Ranger for the past few months. Jordan was so excited that when we got to the repair place he asked if he could ride home in it! Needless-to-say it has been an adventure. Here are a few things I have learned or been reminded of:


  • Amazingly a beached whale 7 mo. pregnant lady can fit inbetween a car seat and the driver of a 1994 Ford Ranger. It is not a pretty sight getting in or out, but possible.

  • There is a reason children do not face each other in modern cars. ;) It is true, it is a very high novelty to begin with (as I witnessed when giving some other children a ride) but it wears out before you know it (or want it to).

  • Even though we are all very busy and we think we don't have a lot of time--I am more grateful for the time I do have now. We have had the opportunity to become creative in passing the time as we've played taxi for an 1 hr+ in the morning and 1 hr+ or more in the afternoon to Dad and Jordan and now recognize that I have 3 extra special hours in a day to be grateful for.

  • The Lord knows us and knows our needs sometimes before we do. Seriously as easily as it could be to complain, when this first happened both Dave and I mentioned how grateful we are that the Lord knew a couple years ago that this would happen and that we would need a truck that would fit all 5 of us. Now some may say this was mere coincindence but we really feel like it is not, but instead one of the "tender mercies" that is talked about in the scriptures.

  • It is a luxury to have a 2nd car.

  • It is a luxury to have a car. As I was driving my new van:) (we even got the new tire put on instead of the spare so it really does feel new to me!) yesterday we passed a lady walking and of course I now had the room to offer a ride---it was 14 degrees outside!!! I feel so blessed to even have a ride. She was walking to the bus stop. We are so blessed!

2 comments:

Phillip and Lisa Hill said...

It was really cute though you riding next to Dave in the middle of the truck. I'm so happy you have your van back. Cars are a huge blessing.

Tamra said...

I am glad that you have your van back as well! I think I will pray every day in gratitude for my van, so the Lord will know I learned through your experience:)