Monday, February 22, 2010

The Last Derby & Webelo Badge

Dave was out of town last month when we were supposed to have this derby. I was supposed to help finish the car. After the instructions per Dave:) I told Jordan this might not be a "winner". I was a little surprised when he said, "I already know but that's okay" Surprised at my son's lack of faith in my skills ha! but grateful I have such a great little man who really enjoys what it is supposed to be about.....Well then it comes around and Dave misses it again. However he did help complete it before he left. I about died when I went downstairs and found this soft container full of plastic bags surrounding a soft rag that was holding the "car". Then I went to the derby and realized Dave isn't the only one....do you see the track---the light at the finish? And the two line judges (plus Haley--she wasn't going to miss a beat) Cameras to take photo shots....seriously, they just need to have one for the dad's each year:)


The yellow car turned upside down (so as to not upset the wheels:)) is Jordan's.
We didn't win the race but we had fun and I'm glad Jordan really felt that it really didn't matter. Now dad....:) haha j/k Dave. We did however "win" when Jordan received his Webelo badge. He has almost finished his Arrow of Light and we are so proud of him!!

1 comment:

Cari said...

Our ward as a derby for the Elders every year too. They really do go all out. As I was watching the Olympics the other night, they were showing the bobsleds and I thought, Wow, this really is just pinewood derby for adrienaline junkys!