Friday, February 13, 2009

The Simple Things


Yesterday was one of those days that I couldn't stop smiling. My kids were so fun and funny that I wanted to just record as much as I can remember (seriously I know it was only one day ago but something happened to my memory about 3 kids ago:)) We didn't do anything spectacular but there was just a wonderful peaceful feeling in the simple things of the day that was worth remembering.
First I headed to the craft store to pick up something for a school party. Haley realized that there was a pet store next door. Now, mind you, last night I was getting the evil eye because they couldn't have a pet because of "m-om.":) So I agreed to going and seeing the animals after we had done my errand. Megan didn't understand, of course until we got in there. The girls were a hoot! We looked at everything. One of the funniest things is the way Megan says "it's disgusting" (dis-tust-ing). I wish you could hear how she does it. When she looked at the crabs that is what she said "that is disgusting".;) Fish, birds, dogs, cats, hamsters, mice (I'm sure to feed pets not to have right?--seriously if I'm wrong..that is wrong). While we were looking at the hamsters I saw this and quickly grabbed my phone. Unfortunately I didn't get a great shot because my phone camera is not the highest quality but it was definitely a kodak for me. I didn't even tell her to do this. They were just so into it that Haley didn't want Megan to miss out becuase she was too short.:) Serioulsy I even had a lady come up to us and said "I could hear their little voices and they were so cute I just had to come see them" ha! I'm sure the whole store heard us:) Simple thing....pure joy. Then the kids have been waiting to get a car wash--I know you are laughing. But seriously they love it. Obviously we don't go that often. So I had a coupon and it keeps raining but I told them we would go anyway. I just laugh because they really did keep asking "are we going to the carwash today"? :) Oh ...if everyone in this world could be so content and satisfied with the "little things" Now if you look really closely, Megan wasn't so sure she liked the car wash but later she told me it was okay--haha (it was really loud:)) Then I took them grocery shopping--yep, all four and it was all good. That is worth celebrating -- it was a little bit warm so we stopped by at the "castle" park. We found it last fall and it has some fun "different" things the kids like. These swings for example: Talk about kickin' back!:) They also have this slide that rolls as you go. It's so funny to watch kids go down different ways and listen to them

3 comments:

Tamra said...

Way to go Mom. If kids only knew how good life would be if every day were so pleasant. I guess that goes for moms too:)

WrayLynn said...

Sounds like a fun day! Good for you for documenting it. I love taking the kids to the pet store. I should do that again soon.

WrayLynn

Cari said...

Haley is such a good big sis! They are so cute. We miss you guys!