Thursday, November 6, 2008

Super Spriggs Kids

What can be more fun than making blanket capes and turning up the music and dancing around?:) These are my super kids. Here are some SUPER accomplishments that they have achieved: Jordan--- The other day when I dropped Jordan off to school he hoped out of the van and as I pulled away I glanced back to see him happily skipping into the school. I write this because I always want to remember the feeling I had when I saw him do that. He is such an amazing kid. There has been some special "sweetness" in him since he was little. He is so cheerful and helpful. He's always had a soft spot for babies:) and we're glad for that too. I had parent conference today and he is doing really well in school. This month he has recieved the following: -Nominated for the Dream Team (they show the character for the month (respect) and then get to help and get ice cream:)) -Was chosen for the "Kid with Character" This is different than Dream Team. They get their picture taken and displayed in the office window. He was chosen because he was picking up trash and showed responsiblity and respect. -Received the Principal's Honor Award -Jordan has also started attending Horizons and is loving the new opportunities. Haley-- Haley was nominated for Kid Character too. So her picture hung up during the week after Jordan's was displayed. She was chosen because she brings her great attitude -bringing her happy smile and enthusiasm to school. Her positive attitude helps her to be a very hard worker! Her teacher said she is doing great and she wishes she had 25 Haley's in her class!:) She does really well with math concepts. Just the other day she asked me "how much is 3 5's? and before I could answer she said "oh 15". She was tested into Horizons and will start in Jan. Haley has also mastered the feat of tying her shoes!!!:) Addison is now 6 months old. In the last few weeks she has mastered sitting up all by herself. She is also teething:) as you can see. Last week she also started eating vegetables--yummy!! Megan has been mastering frog catching and leaf/dirt collections:) Her vocabulary is exploding. Yesterday she tried a cookie the kids made in the easy bake oven and she told me “that is disgusting!” hahaha I couldn’t believe it. She has also gone to the bathroom on the toilet and while we are not completely "mastered" it's definitely worth celebrating. Here is a video of her "go Meggie dance" when she goes

2 comments:

vickim said...

Wow, Grandpa and I are SO proud of the Super Spriggs kids! Way to go, all of you!
Jordan and Haley are going to be very well known in their school!
Love, Grandma Vicki and Grandpa Darrell

Speaks Family said...

So I think we can say that those kids are doing so well because of you and Dave. You guys get the parents devotion award.