Saturday, November 22, 2008

A new game for the Wii

So we don't have a wii but I had to smile during the past couple months when I looked outside my windows at the kids. Our neighbors have this machine to pick up the leaves....even as he was going more were falling down and my kids were trying to catch them. It reminded me of a video game where you have a basket and you try and catch leaves or apples or something off a tree. I had to laugh. Maybe I should send in this idea for the new Wii games.haha
Okay I know this is a lot of pictures but this is a couple months worth...when we moved here, the common thing said to us was "just wait till the leaves start falling". I can not even explain how many leaves we have picked up. Our neighbor has this machine and is outside every day...no exxageration picking up his leaves. We know why now. This week we have spent several hours outside blowing, raking, dumping and buring the leaves. It's amazing that when you look at the pictures you see big piles but that was at least a month ago. Today alone we took a huge tarp full of leaves to the burn spot at least 8 times. We had 2 blowers going, a raker, and the neighbor's leaf machine. You'd think we hadn't picked up at all before now. It is incredible. And what is more incredible is our neighbors who, as soon as I am outside, comes out too (even in 30 degree weather) to help us!! We are forever indebted to them. And that song "leaves are falling all around" has new meaning for me! But it does make for some cute photo ops!!!

It starts...

Jordan riding his bike through a pile.

Megan getting a free ride:)


Work it girl!

We're....almost....done...

Plum tuckered out!

1 comment:

Holly said...

Leaves are beautiful and cool in the summer and a lot of work in the fall. I remember our trees in Provo, and I really do believe/know it takes forever to gather them up. However, doesn't it somehow feel rewarding when you can see the lawn again? Plus, think of all the exercise as a bonus.:) I love the primary song. I haven't heard it before. I'm excited to learn it.