Monday, November 10, 2008

Spriggs Systems 7: the attack of the Paper


I don't know if it is just having two kids at school now or what but I would bet my family alone is killing the woods that surround us. I swear I feel attacked by the paper in my house. It seems like I always see piles of paper to sort and file and I was getting buried. So, once again, thanks to a brilliant friend I have a solution! I have already been filing for years. I can't wait till that 7 year mark comes and I can start throwing the old stuff away...anyway.. This was a better plan for us though. She got this idea from someone who gave this as baby gifts and I think it is genious. You make folders for each child and then you can keep track of their papers and when they are 18 you just give them their own filing tote. I have them all in one for now but will be getting seperate ones. I did it by color tabs and I think you can tell who has the most:) obviously because of time. Some of the tabs are: portraits, medical, sports, scouting, documents, etc. This is nice because all of their records are in one place instead of different folders depending on what year you are looking for. (At least that is how I was doing it). So all their school papers (important ones) are all in order. It has been so nice now when they have brought home report cards or other I have just been able to slip it in and no more paper monsters!

2 comments:

Ellaniemae said...

What an awesome idea!! Does that work for adults, too? If so, I could use you to revolutionize my filing system... :)

kelie said...

Filing is like my arch enemy. I have a filing cabinet, but for some reason, I HATE actually having to put things in there. I just shove all misc paper in a drawer and then like every 6 months I torture myself by filing it all. If only I had your gumption to file the papers AS I get them, it might not be so bad. But for some reason, I just can't do it.