Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Spriggs Systems: Part 4 Grocery Shopping

Each month I try to compile a menu list and then make a grocery shopping list from that, hoping it is saving me some money for all the effort and time;) I thought that was pretty good. Then a friend of mine told me she has a grocery list that has listed which aisles are what. Now isn't that awesome or what? Why? a couple reasons: 1) Obviously I go to the store regularly, but have you ever gotten home and realized "man, I forgot ...." so frustrating because I hate going in the first place but then to have to go back again? It's like torture! And I even try to keep like things on my list by each other so I'm not running around the store which saves me time as well as money because I'm faster and not looking at things I don't have on the list and now: my favorite---it is easier now for Dave to go:) and this is a pretty sure way of making it impossible for him to say "I couldn't find..." so my amazing husband went shopping late Saturday night for me and unfortunately I did not have this "amazing list" done yet so he was going from aisle a to aisle d to aisle f (you know) and he didn't get everything because he was beating the clock!haha but while he was there he wrote done the numbers by the items we normally buy so now---whaaaalaaa...we have the amazing list! (I know you think I'm crazy, but seriously who doesn't want to save time and money? And who wants to take 4 kids to the grocery store? And if you did want to take the 4 kids and you have two in the cart and 2 walking where are your groceries going to fit? So---go ahead, try it...you know you want too!)

4 comments:

Phillip and Lisa Hill said...

That's so funny because Phillip did our shopping yesterday. He said it took him so long because he couldn't find anything. I said all the things are listed under the aisle they are on. He pulled out the list and looked at it and said "huh."

bottoms family said...

What a FANTASTIC idea! I am so going to try that next time. What time it would save! I am impressed. Thanks for sharing that with us.

Tamra said...

Way to go. You must be getting settled in! Just keep telling Dave that practice makes perfect.

Tisha said...

Thanks for sharing all your great tips!