Sunday, September 7, 2008

Spriggs Systems: Part 2 Bedtime

All I have to say that if your children haven't asked for a drink or had to go to the bathroom (even though they just went) or need to be re-tucked in, etc etc,...then you are in the lucky abnormal category and missing out on a very patient building parental experience we like to call bedtime. We have had the same routine for years, read ideas/ books, etc....and still have not conquered this one. Actually we will go through a period of doing great, but lately, ...we have slipped into the "bad zone". Someone told us they do a similar thing as our table manners but they use pennies and they get 3 pennies if they stay in bed, but each time they get out they lose one. We haven't tried that yet. But we are open to any suggestions and ideas on this one:). In the past we have read each child a story in their bed. However lately I have tried reading in the hallway so everyone can lay down and listen to a good story. It's my idealist idea that they will have to stay laying down because I can see them:) and that if I animate my voice and keep their attention they will lay still and magically fall asleep:)hahaha--yeah right. I really don't think that it will happen...but like I said trying....

1 comment:

Speaks Family said...

We fell asleep before our kids tonight and they snuck in with their blankets and are all on our floor sleeping except for Corbin who wanted to sleep in our bed and we both refused so he cried for an hour before falling asleep and now I am wide awake making a comment on your blog at 2:00a.m. Bedtime.