Saturday, September 6, 2008

Spriggs Systems: Part 1 Table Manners

So I thought I would do a few posts on some things I have learned from being a mom. Some of these are original ideas but a lot of them I have stolen from other amazing mom's. This will be a good journal for my kids to look back when they have these wonderful experiences;) and see what we tried. I'd love to hear any new ideas/suggestions as I have learned that what works for one family or one particular stage in life, does not always mean it will work forever and so changing it up a bit helps. And probably the most important thing is consistency, right? (hahaha) All this probably tells me is that I'm not perfect, but I AM trying:).


At dinner I place 3 pieces of candy (m&m's or skittles work well) by everyone's plate. We then proceed with dinner. If someone is caught not having their manners, one of the pieces is taken away. At the end of dinner they get to eat however many pieces are left. My kids really actually like this game and are so sad when I haven't re-stocked the candy for it. Yes, it does take some training for Megan not to grab them and eat them at first but she has caught on that she has to eat her dinner to get hers:).

1 comment:

bottoms family said...

That is a fantastic idea! Do you mind if I try it? How are things with you? It looks like you are settling in quite well. What a great sized kitchen! That is so nice compared to the tiny one huh? Congratulations on your house, it is soooo cute!