Saturday, August 9, 2008

The First Week

All I have to say is Dave and I both looked at each other and said, "next time...Allied all the way":) No, it wasn't that bad, but I don't want to do that again. I can see why they charge so much to move people and we can't say thank you enough for the many many friends who helped us load not one but 3 trucks (our renter) and for the missionaries who were so inspired to call the missionaries over here to help us unpack (what were we thinking???!!). Anyway here is a little week in review of our first week in our new home:
Cleaning, grocery shopping, cleaning, unpacking boxes, laundry, did I mention cleaning?, Grandma's van being towed to the dealership, unpacking, cleaning, and taking our van to the automotive shop to have our transmission (yes, the one we JUST had fixed, the one we have a year warranty on but are not using..yes, that one) we won't talk about that-and playing. The house was well cared for but you know when you move into a new house you want to make sure it is really clean and dissinfected. My mother-in-law super lady came and helped me do all the dirty work. It was like spring cleaning and I can't thank her enough for all that she did. Seriously you could never guess her age for what she did:) She is a known woman. While she was here someone called her from Iowa wanting to know if she could help paint the restaraunt they own (a friend of theirs). I nicknamed her the Energizer bunny. My mom called and asked if I wore her out and I said, "no she wore me out:)" haha Thank you Grandma Vicki! My ocd thanks you too! Over the past couple days without her here I have not succeeded at getting much done (I'm sure you can imagine) and my appreciation has even deepened. I couldn't have done it without you!

Jordan helping take off the air conditioning vents so we could wash them. He is getting pretty handy with his power tool!:)

Grandma and Haley scrubbing windows

The new-to-us house

And swinging for fun!

6 comments:

kelie said...

What a pretty, green lawn. That's such a cute house and I'm sure you guys will do wonders to it!

Michelle said...

oh my goodness! you have a forest in your backyard!

Phillip and Lisa Hill said...

Awesome! We are thrilled for you.

The Helwigs said...

Wow that is great I can't wait to come see you!!! Give those babies hugs from Aunt Rachel
Love Rachel

Tamra said...

I must say that is not at all what I imagined after you called it an old grandma's house. It is so cute and the yard looks amazing. You won't even need the gym, just mow the lawn.

Speaks Family said...

Ang, you cleaned the air conditioning vents!?! Wow. Do you have land? Or is it just a really big backyard?
Meg