Wednesday, August 13, 2008

First day of school

Today was a big day: first day at a new school for Jordan and first day of kindergarten for Jordan. We are experiencing lots of 1sts.(if that is a word) Anyway we did find out all the kids on that street really do go to Duello. It was built one year ago due to the population growth here. The assistant principal told me that this is the fastest growing school district in the state of MO and by next year (even though they just built Duello) there will be 2 more new elementary schools! I teased Dave about being "outdated" parents because their new school has a computer lab with all flat screens. It is a really nice school with a seperate gym and stage and a multi-purpose room/cafeteria. Their music room really impressed me with risers and at least 7 xylophones and instruments to play. Jordan will be learning the recorder this year---I had to smile when she told me and said "sorry" haha. Oh well, at least now maybe I'll hear a song instead of just a screeching noise when they play it. Anyway when I registered last week I found out kindergarten was only 1/2 day and Haley got assigned to the PM class 12:10-3:10. School starts 30 minutes earlier here so we've been making adjustments in many ways. So first it was Jordan

What a handsome guy




Then we came home and had to wait 4 hours till I could take Haley--you can only imagine. We've waited over 5 1/2 years..."is it time yet?" It was like torturing the child..finally, after many different outfits and hairstyles:)we got her all ready to go (and just for the record she wanted to walk in by herself...I told her I was coming)


The school

When I came back from taking Haley I pulled into the driveway and Megan says "me picture me" And I realized she wanted me to take a picture like the other kids and when I got her out of the van she went to the same spot I had taken Jordan and Haley's picture. Then she says "yeah me school too":)


the annual first day of school treat---fresh cookies and milk:)

5 comments:

Ellaniemae said...

I have been waiting for TWO WHOLE days to find out about her first day of school!!! I am so glad to find out that she likes it!!! Hooray!! Can I get fresh cookies and milk, too?

Phillip and Lisa Hill said...

What a big day. They all are so cute, and handsome of course.

Anonymous said...

Sam's dying to have school start. She won't start until the end of next week. She asked me the other day if she's going to be going to the school I'm teaching at. I think she was actually bummed when I told her no but we'd see about it for next year. What grade is Jordan in now?

Speaks Family said...

I can't believe you keep recorders around your house period. You are a very tolerant mom. Meg

Jessica said...

I hope it went well for Haley, our primary class isn't the same with out her, please tell her we miss her!!