Friday, July 11, 2008
Christmas in July
I joined a book club over a year ago and really enjoyed trying new books and reading again. I was signed up for Nov. this year for hosting. Obviously that wasn't going to work so I asked to switch to July and thankfully (for me) Jenny was wonderful and agreed. So we did Christmas in July reading Christmas Jars by Jason F. Wright. I have read many stories of "good doers" at Christmas but when I read this a couple of years ago, it really touched me. So we had a party with treats, good friends, and a white elephant gift exchange. Can you see the lamp shades? Awesome---we recommended using them as a halloween costume:)! I had to laugh when I ended up with a candy thermometer, because earlier in the day I was calling everyone trying to find one so I could make this candybar fudge and ended up borrowing my neighbors. A little ironic eh? It was so fun for me to have everyone since I haven't made it to the last few months book club because of Dave working right now. Where were my kids? In their rooms--they were awesome(the bribe of fudge for breakfast probably helped a little haha)!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
Thanks for a great book club! I'm looking forward to using my lampshades at Halloween. I'll send pictures!
I'm thrilled with what I got. Yes, thanks for everything. It was great.
Looks like fun, I miss out on too many things. Darn babies!
That looks like too much fun! I am jealous! What are some of your favorite books you guys have read? I'm always looking for a good book. How did the fudge turn out?
Fudge for breakfast! Will you be my mommie? Okay, you need to start a list of halloween costumes made from crazy stuff like lampshades and dryer vent hose.
Megan Speaks
It was so much fun. Thanks for a great night. I just keep telling myself, "she's only and hour away, only an hour!"
And I still hold to the fact that that was the weakest bucket lid ever! I would definitely not buy those in the future! especially if you are giving it to me as a seat.)
Post a Comment