Friday, July 4, 2008

4th of July Carnival








After our picnic, we returned for the 2nd year in a row to a carnival that promised tethered hot air balloon rides. Now I know that is not anywhere near as cool as a real ride, but I was very happy with the idea of even getting to do that much. I have always wanted to take a hot air balloon ride. Last year, the weather made it impossible for the business to do the rides, so this year I was determined. Well, they did things differently this year so after a lot of opportunity for growth (mostly in the patience area) we were finally able to take the very short, not-so-high ride. I had to laugh at myself as I was more excited and happy with it than my kids (I've waited 30 years, they only had to wait like 9 and 5) and because when I read this I realize it really wasn't that big of a deal, but honestly, I was happy. So here it is: oh, yes, Megan would have nothing to do with it and they barely let us take all 4 of us at one time. You can't really see us up close, but I promise, we're in there!

1 comment:

Speaks Family said...

I know exactly how you feel about being more excited about something than your kids were. We're doing the summer reading program at our library and I was just as excited as they were today to go get their prizes. I love being a mom.