Thursday, May 29, 2008

Track and Field

This year we are participating in a track and field program the city offers at a local high school. The kids go twice a week and will be introduced to the different areas in the sport such as long jump, hurdles, sprints, shot put, and he even said the javelin (should be interesting!). The kids are very excited---especially Haley as this is her first time trying a sport. It is even nice for me because I got to walk 2 miles while they were running. I know that is not a lot and it definitely wasn't speed walking with Megan:) but it is better than nothing! As I walked around it brought back so many memories. I don't love running but I loved running the 4x100and the hurdles. So it is fun watching my kids and thinking about the future and what may be in store. This is definetly a win-win situation!

Jordan doing the "mini" hurdles

Haley doing the "sand jump" a.k.a long jump:)

No comments: