Wow--it is so easy to get behind so quickly. I'd like to say that I haven't posted because I've been laying in bed drinking smoothies:)ha but life is not really like that is it? And even though we hate to admit it, it probably is a good thing too.
So what have we been doing? A little bit of everything I'd say. Here's a little recap because unfortunately we didn't take as many pictures as I would have liked and don't want to forget anything. I really haven't posted obviously but for my record keeping attempt I am going to post date some entries (cheat:)). It's nothing super exciting either but it is real life for the Spriggs right now.
Dave was here the first week after the baby. He was pretty tired (ha--I think it was good for him. I told him he should try it being 37 weeks pregnant) The day after we got home from the hospital he had biked Haley to a park when a realtor called and said "we'd like to see your house in about 15 minutes"...remember I had been in the hospital until the night before? Let's just say it wasn't my standard of "show ready". It's amazing how many places you can find to hide things in 10 minutes! Megan was asleep and I was attempting a nap...ahhh....Dave also painted the front door, fixed the van door, and enjoyed some much needed daddy time.
My parents came Saturday night and stayed for the 2nd week. Dave was here until Wednesday as he did interviews with graduating Seniors at University of MU for the Geography Dept. and ESRI. He got a guys' night out with my brothers and dad in Kansas City so he did get to play a little bit after all his hard work:). Of course I like to tease him but he really is the best dad and I'm so grateful that my husband loves to spend time with his great kids. And yet it is a really good thing there are moms too because he does not hear Addie cry at all. She would be starving if it was left just up to him. I always have to smile when I hear him describe to people how "easy" or "fast" the labor went or how "well" the baby is sleeping:)
Anyway we visited the Amish store, drove by the Pinnacles (Dave's favorite place, Angela's greatest anxiety), went shopping (several times for different reasons), painted an old dresser (still trying to find cute knobs--anybody know of a good place?), painted the baseboards --ANGELA-- oh yes I did!, attempted to pack a few boxes, make a few extra meals, Jordan had a grandpa date to the movies, played at Going Bonkers, went to the temple and then spent the afternoon house shopping, went to church and had a couple picnics at nearby parks, along with the normal feed, bathe, laundry and take care of kids, say goodbye to "pungee" (sniff, sniff) and travel home. phew
This last week I have attempted to do just one thing on my to do list each day. And as that could be depressing it is really just reality. It is amazing how you forget about what you can and can not do. At the same time when I think about a few of the things I have accomplished, I haven't done too bad (thanks to great help from friends and family)I even made freezer jam--oh how I LOVE homemade jam. For the most part I am trying to be realistic and just take it one day (or moment:) at a time. When I hold Addie and think about how fast they grow up it has given me a stronger desire to try harder to just sit and enjoy the moments with my amazing "little friends" that have been sent to me. My friend gave me a wall deco that has the saying "we are so blessed" and I couldn't think of a more true statement.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I'm really hoping for your sake you sell your condo, but if you don't sell it, does that mean you'll stay? Maybe I should come steal your for sale sign. j/k Or just paint "not" at the top of it. :)
Post a Comment