Thursday, May 29, 2008

Memorial Day Parade





Today we went to the Memorial Day Parade. I am so glad we went. It was so great honoring those that have served our country. We also got to see Edwin "Buzz" Aldrin, the 2nd man to walk on the moon. I was always interested in WWII after I read Corrie ten Boom's book "The Hiding Place". I have since read several books about events that happened and am just amazed at what people had to go through on both sides of the war. So I was touched as I watched the cars go by with veterens and as I thought of many of our friends and family right now who are sacrificing their time and living far from family to serve our country but really my own little family. How grateful I am for them and their wives/children who are giving so much for me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You need to read Dean Hughes Children of the Promise series -- couldn't put it down. Either 4 or 5 books in the series and the follow up series is The Writing on the Wall. Didn't get so much into the second series as the first. Excellent author though.