I saw this thing one time about how things are viewed differently before and after marriage. For example, before the wedding he is "very frugal with his money" but afterwards he is "cheap".:) I have to laugh at myself because when Dave and I got married I told him that he shouldn't buy me flowers because they just die anyway. So if he wanted to get me something, it should be something other than flowers because they don't last. When I first think about it I think I am just practical and want to get my money's worth, but now maybe I'm thinking I'm just greedy:).
So today when my husband came home he had his hands behind his back and of course this is what he had----the first flowers he ever bought me:) and he even started to say "I know you said...." and of course I just had to laugh and smile. And while I know they won't last forever I have to admit that it was a wonderful gift. You might think you know yourself and your loved one's love language---but then again you might be surprised. Try this quiz and see. It's fun and you might find yourself learing something about you or your loved one that you didn't know---no matter how long you have been together: http://edified.org/myspace/lovelanguage


3 comments:
I am the same way about flowers. BUT I love getting them. I hate that they die but it is such a great thing to receive! You deserve flowers everyday!
I think I told Travis that same thing at one point in time! Now whenever I mention I'd like some fresh flowers in the house to have on the table he just rolls his eyes at me!
They don't last forever unless...you take a picture. That particular bunch of flowers WILL last forever in your memory and in your picture book. It is always the thought behind the flowers that is important to me.
Post a Comment