Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Window Shopping?


Have you ever read the books by Tedd Arnold "Parts" and "More Parts"? They are hilarious especially with the illustrations--- he uses different phrases we use that taken literally could really confuse a young child. For example, the boy can't understand why you would want to hear a joke that would make you laugh so hard your head will fall off (so he runs inside and starts taping his head so it will stay intact).

So we had one of those experiences yesterday. We were in the between time of picking Jordan up and then getting Dave from work. I decided we would go check out a store and go window shopping for someone in our family. I told the kids that we were going to go window shopping and Haley says, "Mom, but Aunt ..... already has windows!":)

3 comments:

Jessica said...

That is so cute - She is such a doll! I love funny little things like that kids say!

Anonymous said...

That is too funny. I have about 3 of his books and they were some of my 3rd grade students favorite books. How old is Hayley now? There's so many of us I have a hard time keeping track!

Jessica said...

So cute! She cracks me up!