Sunday, December 27, 2009

Snow Fun

Today my mom reminded me of a valuable lesson. She wasn't passing advice or lecturing, in fact she didn't say anything at all. But as they say, "our actions speak louder than words". The snow was falling and the kids were out the door as fast as they (and I) could bundle them. I was perfectly content with staying in my warm house sipping on hot cocoa, but quietly I saw my mom put her gloves and coat on and walk outside. As I watched her throw snowballs with my kids and pull sleds making them laugh I knew where I wanted and needed to be and I'm grateful for the reminder. They grow up too fast and moments like these aren't always there to jump at. But thankfully today we seized the moment and it will definitely be a day we remember. Thank you grandma:)
This was taken as my mom pulled her around on a sled---priceless.
Help! I've fallen and I can't get up!


In my defense, I begged her to wear different pants to play in the snow.:) Obviously it didn't bother her....well until a little while later (ha)

The snowboard wasn't working so she made it work with the sled.




Who do you think won?

As you can see from the window, the snowballs were not only aimed outside.

uuhh..something is not quite right:)haha

2 comments:

Ellaniemae said...

Hot cocoa, $1
Pictures of smiles, priceless...

I am glad you had fun!!

Michelle said...

you are the coolest mom!