This weekend we went to see an exhibit called Creches and Carols. The whole church was displays of nativity scenes/sets/paintings,etc. They had different musical numbers playing while you went around and looked. It was AMAZING but I couldn't take any pictures:( We got this pictures because they had this Photo Op room and I can't help but laugh at our display:) Megan wanted to be a donkey. I still can't get over that but I guess it makes sense when you know she loves animals and horses. Still...the lady was like "Oh yeah, nobody wants to be the donkey and we finally have someone....yeah (haha) Addie wouldn't give up the baby and after we had left the room and went back to the craft area I noticed she still had it so they couldn't continue pictures because she had kidnapped baby Jesus---:)
The displays included pieces so small (one inside a walnut shell) that you had to use a magnifying glass and the details were unbelieveable. Then there were quilts that had to have taken years. They gave you a list for a scavenger hunt to find the different types and Jordan and Haley enjoyed doing that. Other displays were made out of volcano rock, coke cans, newspapers, etc etc. I can't even think of all the countries but Zimbabwe, Belgium, South Africa, Nigeria, are some represented. In one room they had a whole Roman village complete with a watermelon farm and turkeys:) They also had sets where it was all moose or dogs and one where Santa was kneeling and honoring the baby Jesus. There was a stick with several Wise Men carved into it and then they had facts displayed throughout like how they couldn't ever agree on how many wise men there actually were and at times the number would range from 3 to 24! They settled on 3 because there were 3 gifts mentioned. So obviously we all really enjoyed it so if you hear of one in your are we would recommend you going! It is so incredible to see how throughout time and culture the Savior's birth is remembered and celebrated.

6 comments:
Finally, I picture of the whole family together where everyone is looking at the camera!! It only took a year and 3/4, too... Would you use the picture since everyone is in costume?
I love the pic. I especially noticed your costume. I knew Angela stood for angelic.
I can't believe how grown up Hailey looks with her hair so long (and Straight:) what a great family!
love your hair! woo woo! you and my name sake & me....I was always the angel! but my costume was my slip. what was I thinking??? the fam looks great! they're all growing up!
such a cute family, WOW! It was goo to hear from you...
haha.... Addie kidnaped baby Jesus! That is too funny ;)
Post a Comment