Friday, January 1, 2010

Something NEW

Happy New Year. Today we tried something new---ice skating. We've talked about it but haven't been before. It was a LOT of fun. I tried to tell the kids not to be discouraged if they couldn't do it the first time...they might fall down a lot, it's different than roller skates, blah blah blah....well, that was pointless. Seriously Haley took off with no problems whatsoever and even did twirls. Here's a little glimpse.
I wasn't prepared as I should have been (like did I even think about gloves?)BUT it was so fun and just deepened my testimony of a paragraph in The Family A Proclamation To The World: "Successful marriages and families are established and maintained on principles of faith, prayer, repentance, forgiveness, respect, love, compassion, work, and wholesome recreational activities."
Dad got hungry----that isn't new:)haha
I just have to mention something I saw Haley do. Haley has a very strong and distinct (is that the right word?) personality. I get comments about it a lot even in new situations. I know for some she can be too much but I wish they could have seen her today. As she was cruising (really I was impressed) around the rink and playing with this "new friend" she instantly had made she saw the friend's little sister struggling. She stopped, took her by the hand and started coaching her on how to skate (haha-remember this is HER first time?) I smiled at the humor of that but then was hit strongly with the impression of the example she had just shown me and what an amazing little spirit she is. I'm so glad she is part of our family.

5 comments:

Melissa said...

Haley is awesome. Anna was telling me the other day how much she misses Haley.

Ellaniemae said...

Haley looks like a pro! And she has always made friends easily... She doesn't have a strong personality...she is very loving and affectionate! I look forward to spending time with you guys this weekend...

Tamra said...

Awesome. There is something about having pictures that makes it all seem wonderful and perfect.

Anonymous said...

We've taken Samantha for her birthday (we have an indoor and an outdoor rink here). The kids love it. They even have walkers you can get for the kids to hold onto so they don't fall too bad! Samantha just asked the other day when we could go again. I guess we'll have to go sooner than I planned!

vickim said...

Haley has that helping spirit that says " I want you to be successful." It will take her far in life.