Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree

Last night we put up our tree---honestly, I think it is just as or more fun than Christmas morning. The surprise and delight of finding all the ornaments/decorations and relating past memories of each one warms me so completely that I LOVE this tradition probably more than anything else.

Each year we talk about getting an angel or star....this year Jordan took it upon himself to make us one---it's the best one I've ever seen!:) If you look close you can see the "angel" with even a bugle to blow!


About a year or so ago, I remember thinking "those themed trees are SO pretty. ( you know those ones that have like all one color or all similar ornaments that are really elegant) Maybe one year I will have one like that" but as I sat in the midst of my kids and and listened to them and eyed my Charlie brown tree (the one that is fake but acts like a real one with its' needles falling off and the one you have to spread the needles out and cover with as many ornaments as you can to fill all the holes;))...I decided that I really didn't want one of those this year after all....

3 comments:

John & Sarah said...

That is seriously the coolest star I ever saw! You're lucky to have such a creative son.

Cari said...

Someday I will have enough space for both my pretty "decorative" tree and my "Charlie Brown" tree. The star really is awesome.

bottoms family said...

He is just like his dad isn't he! Jordan is amazing, Angela he is going to be a fantastic missionary someday! I have one of those colored themed trees, however, I miss the ornaments that you can just let the kids have at.....So don't wish that tree just yet....! I promise that the memories you have right now will be there forever....I don't have many of those, just memories of the kids putting up the tree and lights and stuff. No remember this ornament? or I remember when you brought this ornament home to us....