Monday---All in a days work...
Well...let me back up and say Meg has been throwing up since Friday night when we were in St.Louis seeing dad. Now you know there were like 10 other children in the room and I'm sure every parent is wondering what I am doing...I had NO idea. She had played all day. Dave said she then did it 2 more times in the car to the hotel and another time in the 15 min. he had been at the hotel....it starts. Yes it was disgusting. Can I just say those people who make car seats must not have children? I mean really...trying to get them apart to wash/bleach the stupid things is like being stuck in the middle of a labryinth. I decided that I hated car seat companies because not only have I had to buy so many as new laws keep getting passed, but the ones I have are not user friendly. The whole time I kept thinking of the 'latest and greatest' that I have now seen that the cover is actually easy to come off, safer, and actually made so children can buckle themselves(boosters)--but then that is ONE more I'd have to buy---but after the fiasco I'm seriously debating. I should have bought stock in those companies! Anyway... Sunday she started diarrea (I told you this isn't a nice story). I thought she was doing better...at least she wasn't throwing up anymore---then Monday:
So Megan is still sick and now she has both because the vomiting is back. I, however, have to go to the post office. I know, I am one of those bad people that take sick kids to contaminate others. I really didn't have much of a choice (do you really think I would have gone if I had?) and it was going to be like in and out. As I was trying to get the stroller to click I slammed my head into the rear view mirror (no I'm not proud of this, I'm sure it was hilarious to anyone watching, but seriously I thought I was going to pass out right there in the parking lot. I still can't touch the spot today without it hurting). In and out, and thank goodness the nice man helped me.
All day, seriously was like that groundhog's day movie. I just kept repeating myself. Megan had 3 seperate baths by the end of the day, loads and loads of laundry, wrote out the monthly bills, called to dispute an insurance claim inbetween the time of rocking Megan to sleep, feeding kids, doing the dishes and etc,etc. I lost track of how many diapers we went through. Bleach, bleach and more bleach and by the end of the day I had borrowed a wet vac from a friend to disinfect my bed. Let me tell you....I think it is true that when you are pregnant you have a more sensitive nose and puke, diarrea, lysol and bleach are not a really good combo when you are 8 months prego. I tried the BRAT diet my doctor's nurse told me about---it works if your child will eat those things (bananas, rice, applesauce, toast)...she wouldn't touch them after I got them from the store (yes again I was bad). I was of course worried because she is only 20 lbs to begin with and it was so bad. She wouldn't even eat the popsicles I bought trying to get fluid into her. I knew it wouldn't be short because a lot of people have said it took awhile. The doctor said it could last as long as 7-10 days. So we were on day #4. At 10:30 I make a bed on the livingroom floor out of extra blankets (my bed was drying) and laid down..ahh.
Now I know this is a lot of complaining which isn't a good thing. We have been doing this thing Elder Eyring talked about where each day we answer the question: "how have you seen the hand of the Lord in you or your family's life today?" And as much as this wasn't a "super" day, I honestly can see many blessings and things to be grateful for like the fact that me and the other two children have not gotten sick. I have had the energy to care the kids. The older two have been troopers running for towels, diapers, wipes, or anything else I have needed and trying to be patient in waiting for the things they were needing. I have a warm and comfortable house. I have loving family and friends checking on me and praying for our little family. Things could be so much worse. I'm grateful to know simply that we are not alone and this too, shall pass. Today she didn't throw up until 5 p.m. (yes she is still having bad diapers too) but she played for about 10-15 minutes and ate a little bit! I think we are on the home stretch...tomorrow is day #7:)

5 comments:
Oh Angela, I hope she is better now. Jacob couldn't go with me to Idaho because he had had the runs (bad). That would have been a nightmare on the plane. Traveling with sick kids is the worst. I feel for you.
wow. what a story! Hope all is coming out better! (pun intended) :)
Super mom! Truly hope things are on the upswing! JessB
OH how awful!! I am sorry - there is nothing worse than a puking baby!! Hope day 7 is the lucky one for you!
OH Ang...I still feel so bad that we could not do anything to help you....that story made me cry. It must have been so hard with Dave gone, but you are right thankfully you, Jordan & Haley did not get it!
Love ya
Rachel
Post a Comment