Of course we stayed on top (or tried to) of the normal everyday things...this next picture was as we mowed our lawn--she's so cute I couldn't help it. We also had not so normal projects that I don't have pictures for but took our time this month---like after the computer crashed, then our water heater did too....then two days later the water expansion tank for the well went out:) We reorganized the basement switching tubs around, laying carpet in one spot, making temporary shelves, and going through and getting rid of things (boy did that feel nice):) and we also planted our garden (in the mud since it rained so much this month).
Since I knew school would be ending soon, I also tackled a few more projects and cut up extra fabric into squares and made a mini I spy quilt. It is also a matching game quilt where they can try to find 2 of the same. It isn't what I'd call "super pretty" (like with coordinating fabrics) because it is out scraps but the material has different textures and is fun for the kids to play with. I used a multi-animal pattern on the back so they could play on that side too. This summer Haley and I are hoping to learn together how to make a rag quilt.
I actually did this 2 years ago but obviously our information with a lot of things have changed so I spent quite a bit of time updating our important document binder. This is really an awesome idea. I always stored the information in files but now I have it all in one place and if there was an emergency it is easy to grab and we would have everything we need (well there are a couple things we're still working on but we're closer). This has all the tax info, personal property, deeds, accounts, birth certificates, voter registration, medical records, family contact info., insurance, vehicle titles, warranties, legal docs, etc,etc.
These were my teacher thank you's as they helped my kids be "smarties":)
This was my Mother's Day and it was AWESOME (thanks Mich for making my day:))My friend sent the recipe and I made sure I had all the ingredients and told my children & cute hubby multiple times that this is what I wanted:) You can find the recipe here and it is worth the click!
Since they didn't do a graduation, they do this thing called "clap out" where the whole school and parents, etc "clap" out the 5th graders on the last day of school as they head on to middle school (sniff)

1 comment:
wow! what a fabulous time! i am glad i could pass on that recipe to you....after misleading you on orange marmalade, I am glad this turned out super great & now I'll have to try it myself :}
Post a Comment