I saw this idea last year after the holiday so I've been waiting all year to do it. I love that it really brings the focus of what the first thanskgiving was all about. The pilgrims were THANKFUL --thankful to God (for all that they had) especially that they were blessed with a new home with freedom to worship Him how they wanted and thankful that the Indians had GIVEN them knowledge of how to plant and survive here in their new land. I love how it reminds us that the best way to be thankful is to give. So our trees are up and I can't wait to see how many leaves we can put up before Thanksgiving Day. You can make your own or get the files here from Chocolate on my Cranium.
Tuesday, November 3, 2009
Thanks & Giving Trees
I saw this idea last year after the holiday so I've been waiting all year to do it. I love that it really brings the focus of what the first thanskgiving was all about. The pilgrims were THANKFUL --thankful to God (for all that they had) especially that they were blessed with a new home with freedom to worship Him how they wanted and thankful that the Indians had GIVEN them knowledge of how to plant and survive here in their new land. I love how it reminds us that the best way to be thankful is to give. So our trees are up and I can't wait to see how many leaves we can put up before Thanksgiving Day. You can make your own or get the files here from Chocolate on my Cranium.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Love these cards!! What kinds of things do you do to earn leaves? Are they stamps, stickers? I am so curious...
Post a Comment