Thursday, November 19, 2009

I cleaned my house with a can of whipped topping and M&M's

This idea came from a friend and I have to say it is BRILLIANT! Awhile back I had posted some of the things we do in our family like routines and chores. Well these ideas are being added to the list.

#1 For each job they do (pick up something, trash something, etc.) as we are picking up the house they get a squirt from the whipped topping bottle. Big jobs = big squirts and little jobs = little squirt. Withing 20 minutes the whole house was picked up and everyone was happy. Cost $1.98----worth every penny.:)

#2 The next day we had friends over so you can guess that there were toys all over:) So as the kids ate their afternoon snack I hid candy pieces under the things that needed to be put away. As they picked up the things and put them away they got to keep their treasure finds!! This became Megan's favorite and has asked several times since then to do it again:)

Thanks again to wonderful creative and fun moms who share their genius with me!!

No comments: