The swimming was definetly my biggest challenge. You just have so many people around you and I got more water down than I have in all my practices. In fact, one lady seriously pushed me under as her arm came around. Of course she wasn't doing it on purpose but it was a little unnerving. It was a challenge since I was doing breast stroke and mostly everyone else was doing freestyle.
The best part for me was coming out of the water or down the road and seeing my kids lined up along the road cheering for me with their arms stretched out to give me high 5's! They were the best!! And my husband earned the husband of the year award as he moved all 4 of them around trying to make sure they could cheer me on and get pictures to record this for me!! This was definitely a family victory:)
I had to laugh later because we came home and worked around the house. After awhile Dave says "man, I can't believe you are walking around." I laugh because I've been doing this for weeks (I even ran through all 3 events last Sat.) but I don't think he really understood what I've been putting my body through until today:)
Here are my stats:
Swim (1/4 mile): 8:59
Transition: 2:06
Bike (14 miles)51:19
Transition: :17
Run (2.5mi) 21:07
Total: 1:23:49
Overall: 102 out of 260
Division: 7 out of 30
Gender: 33 out of 133

10 comments:
Seriously- you look like a champion!
I'm so proud of you. Tammy said she was proud of you for wearing bike shorts. I am too. People just don't understand why they are important, but I do. Way to going mom of FOUR!!!!
Oh my gosh, that looks like so much fun! What a fun day! I'm totally showing this to Matt to show him how Dave trucked the kids around to support you, he needs a little lesson in this ("9am, that's too early!"). Way to go, the next Tri that comes around these parts we should get a group together and do it together! :)
Way to go Ange!! You are amazing! It is nice to get those days occationally when the light bulb goes off in your husbands head and they actually get a really glimps of our reality. Tell Dave we are proud of both of you for accomplishing this goal together.
Cari
You are amazing.
You rock, Angela! I have NO desire to do a triathalon. I can't believe you biked 14 miles and then got off just to run another few miles. Yikes! I think I'll settle for some hero worship. =) Impressive, lady.
Hot momma! Woo Woo! Wow! You are amazing! You beat all of those people!?! You are my hero! Way to go! I love the smiles as well as the agony :} way to go! your awesome. super. great.& fabulous.
We've always known you were Superwoman in disguise --here's the proof! WOW!!! WTG Ange!!
Amazing! I am so proud of you!!!!
Great Job, Angela! That is amazing. You are an inspiration to me. I've never even considered a triathlon before because I hate to swim. I cannot stand to have my face under the water. You had great times on each event!
Post a Comment