Friday, August 21, 2009

Top 10 lessons BEFORE

Here are ten things I've learned so far in training for the triathlon I am doing tomorrow:

1. Mountain bike vs. Road bike is like the difference between night and day.
2. Swim, Bike, Run----mouth closed at all times unless you are wanting a snack:(
3. Eyewear--for the same reason as above but instead of a taste you get this stinging sensation (very painful when you are flying down a hill and it zaps into your eye---seriously I thought I was going to need Moss's professional skills that day:)too bad for me they moved so far away:( sniff
4. Music can really help you to "move it" However it is a bad day when you realize there are rules that you can not use it during the race--what?:(
5. Trick when running up hills----if you look down at the road (instead of up the hugangous hill you have to climb after swimming and biking 14 miles that looks like it will never end) and ignore the burning sensation in your thighs and the brick wall against your forehead---seriously your eyes trick you into thinking you are just running straight on the road and you make it to the top! wha--la!!
6. Don't listen to people who don't know you that say "oh you can do it--it's no big deal"---I mean if they don't know you....how do they know?
7. Just because you are eating healthier and exercising TONS more than you have been does NOT mean you will lose weight. Doctors LIE to you.
8. Just because you could jump off the step at aerobics when you are 37 weeks pregnant does NOT qualify you to run a triathlon 15 months later. hahaha
9. Even when you are not trying to win or even come close (like my goal is to just finish the race..no seriously):), you may experience high levels of anxiety and nervousness.
10. well, I guess I'll leave this open for what I learn tomorrow with the real thing

No comments: