Sunday, July 19, 2009

Cuivre River

The last two days have been incredible-unbelievable weather for the mid-west in July. So we decided we needed to check out a nearby state park and enjoyed a wonderful day hiking...

yes, it is the middle of July. The jackets are real. It wasn't cold but incredibly cooler this time of year and we were glad to have them.
making flower arrangements

geocaching--we did a mulit-cache and at the end found out it was placed by none other -Steve Stout---the man the interviewed Dave and brought us here:) I guess last year he came out with the scouts and hid it--so funny!!!

Addie thought this was so funny and kept falling back to ride like this.


And we found patches of wild blackberries so we had a yummy snack along the trail. Of course we also had the talk about not eating things without your parents:)haha. I did tell them I was taking pictures of them for proof if we didn't make it after eating these. They were really good!




While the kids waited for our campfire dinner to cook they went wading in the clearwater creek (very rare in MO).

Haley caught a tadpol and Jordan managed a crawdad. Our kids are so fun! I'm so glad we didn't have anything planned and we could just pack up and enjoy the amazing weather and beautiful area together. It was a really great day.

2 comments:

Cari said...

We went there for girls camp when I was in YW. It is a beautiful place. Looks like tons of fun!

Tamra said...

wow you guys are keeping busy. Looks like lots of fun!