Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Is there anything worse?

Okay I know there is world hunger and war and really a list very long list of very bad things going on and I'm really not trying to make light of those things, but I do have one question: besides the above mentioned is there anything WORSE than swimsuit shopping???????????? First, I have put it off for a couple years...being postpartum and trying to lose weight or whatever I could come up with. Moving and knowing we weren't going to have a pool I just put on an ugly tank top to cover up the one that went through the dryer and is literally falling apart when I had to go (this means taking my kids and having to act responsible, meaning being in the pool in case one of them went under and I'd have to pull them out) But this year, I had to go sign up for a triathalon. So I decided to pay more money and get a good one. I tried the internet...which I NEVER do---can you try it on? But, I had good refrences on the company and suit and they are extra long so I was willing to give it a go. Of course, it didn't work so I'm sending that one back. :( So then I spent a big part of a day in one store after another (like I can't even count how many I went to), one dressing stall after another! When coming to the end of the day I finally found one that "might" work but after further trying on at home, it is going back as well. Back to online searches--- argh!! I know I want a miracle suit--the one that changes my body to look like something else, but after I got past the reality that wasn't going to happen, I still am striking out: too low cut, too high cut, too small, too big, too ugly.:) Seriously why can't I have my own famous designer seamstress?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel your pain! I'd rather be shot than go swim suit shopping! Have you tried Modbe? Go to www.modbe.com - Good luck!

Ellaniemae said...

When you find that miraclke seamstress, will you send her my way, please?? I think I will be in need of her for quite some time... :) Clothes shopping is good and fun, right?

kelie said...

I like how you say, "had to go sign up for a triathalon." Was someone forcing you? haha! That's what it would take to get me to do one, someone forcing me! ;)

bottoms family said...

A Triathalon! WOW I am super impressed! I wouldn't even have the courage to think about that~ I am very proud of you! Good Job!

Phillip and Lisa Hill said...

If you are doing a triathalon, don't you want one of those Speedo ones so you will be bullet fast in the water? haha You don't want your chest slowing you down or anything.

John & Sarah said...

I'm with you. If you find a good one online, let me know. We do have a pool and so far I've been able to avoid it but eventually I'm going to have to go swimming and they sort of frown on see through swimming suits.