We got to take a real handcart out on a mile trail and experience for ourselves a little bit of what it might have been like. It had rained just a couple hours before so there was mud but I'm grateful to say there wasn't the humidity but a nice breeze. This was a highlight for our family on the trip. "Are you kidding me?" This was an exact quote made---we found it was much harder than we thought:) Megan wanted to help too;) Along the trail were stories from real pioneers and the experinces they had.
We did that at youth conference and we only had to carry sacks of flour and our lunches, not real children. Of course we went a few miles and the youth still complained. Imagine being real pioneers carrying all your belongings. I love all the pics. Great times!!! I'm so glad it was fun for you guys. I thought of you while this chicken slept her cushy bed.
I'm glad you had a nice time camping! To make myself feel better about not getting to go I kept reminding myself what it really is like to camp in the rain;)
3 comments:
We did that at youth conference and we only had to carry sacks of flour and our lunches, not real children. Of course we went a few miles and the youth still complained. Imagine being real pioneers carrying all your belongings. I love all the pics. Great times!!! I'm so glad it was fun for you guys. I thought of you while this chicken slept her cushy bed.
I'm glad you had a nice time camping! To make myself feel better about not getting to go I kept reminding myself what it really is like to camp in the rain;)
What a fun experience for you guys! I think I would be the chicken in my comfy bed too but it does look like fun.
Post a Comment