Then end of Haley's class presentation
Tuesday, May 26, 2009
One of those days...
Life has been pretty "normal" (whatever that means) around here. Today was Haley's kindergarten celebration at 2:15 so I dropped her off at 12 and headed to a primary meeting. I knew I had to leave by 2. At about 1:15 I hear Megan' crying. She was a victim of a flying object:) and had a gash on her head above the eye. One of the mom's that was there is a nurse so we decided that although it wasn't huge, it needed some attn. My doctor's office doesn't do that and told me to go to urgent care. Now, I can't explain well enough with words Megan's trauma with bandaids but let's just say that was like one of the first things out of her mouth "I don't need a bandaid." There was blood all over my shirt (and believe it or not I brought an extra shirt in case something happened so I could change and look somewhat nice for the kindergarten thing). Poor Megan just cried and cried and she just wanted to go home. The lady at the counter tried to offer her stickers and she wanted nothing to do with that (all the while Addie is crying, standing up trying to get out of her stroller). They asked me how far apart they were:) and I know we were not looking so hot. I realized I had yogo's in the car and go those and they temporarily (like 2 min) stopped the crying. I had both of them on my lap crying in the waiting room. Our name was called and it was just not going so well. Then they got the velcro thing to strap her down. Meanwhile Addie is trying to escape the stroller and I'm feeding her yogo's silently pleading for a miracle. Then the doctor asked the one nurse to go get another person (yes, it was that crazy) and the words "daddy is here" and in walks Dave--HOORAY! Believe it or not, we finished right after 2 so we're trying to make it to kindergarten...a downpour like no other...my van downshifted for some reason so I had to pull off and once we got to the school it was still just pouring down. We walked in and literally my pants were totally soaked through. Dave put a blanket over Meg to keep her head dry but the rest of us were all wet. Of course the shirt I had brought was white. ahhh.. The office people got us towels to help us dry off. We, unfortunately missed some of the "show" part :( but Haley showed us around her room as Addison played monster pulling things out, dumping someone's juice all over her, etc. The teacher had put together a dvd of their year and it was so cute. On the way home I was thinking "I'm so glad I put chicken in the crockpot, especially the way things worked out today." When I listened to the phone message when I got in, it was the missionaries---I totally signed up to feed them dinner and forgot!!!!:) and no, there was not enough in the crockpot, but it worked out fine....ah...another day in the "real" life:)
Then end of Haley's class presentation
Receiving her certificate
Ms. Schueler(an answer to prayer) and Haley
Megan's boo boo.
Then end of Haley's class presentation
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
wow...what a day! i cant believe you didnt tell me about this on the phone :) but hey its just a normal day right? haha
Oh, Ange! It's over. Yay for that. Sorry the day was a rough one. I'm feeling your pain!
Holy cow, I would have gone straight to the gas station, gotten a diet pepsi and called it quits for the day. "They're all yours honey!"
How many stitches did Meg have to get? I feel her pain, because I had stitches in my forhead when I was even younger than her...
Post a Comment