Friday, May 8, 2009

Lake Bistineau


This is a good example of how one person's choice can really make a huge impact--Do you see the pier? Notice it looks like it's on top of more grass? That is a weed floating on top of the water that they believe came from Brazil because someone flushed it down the toilet---now every lake from here to Florida contains this weed. It reproduces itself and doubles itself in a week.:( They already drained the lake last year trying to save it. It can totally take over and ruin the lake---really makes you think, huh?

Making a MacGyver fire since we forgot matches:)-ha
We got a private hayride around the park. David Jett--you are so awesome!

This was the cabin we stayed in. We've never stayed in a cabin before and it was so nice!
I love the captured moment of exploration
Just to prove I can still catch him!;)

Megan's "wormy"
When I think of "lake" I think of this body of water surrounded with either a beach or trees or something. Not so much here. All throughout the lake are these trees so there isn't "one big open space to see". It's really different. The grey hanging from the trees is a type of moss and believe it not it is related to pineapples!!
Fishing with grandpa
Geocaching
Worn out--and she didn't even have to walk! I can't thank you enough Rachel for this awesome backpack!


The treasure!

No comments: