Thursday, May 21, 2009

The Livingroom--Before & After

I keep thinking of things that still need to be finished in here (like curtains, different couch, different piano top (looking for a vase with ? any suggestions:)? But I've decided it's an ongoing process that probably will keep going so I'll just show you what we have done so far. It isn't an extreme difference like the kitchen will be but it's nice to have one room "done" (well --kind of you know)
Before:



There weren't any lights in the livingroom. We had plugged in a lamp in a certain place to make it work with the switch. Now we have 3 lights, a fan, a dimmer and it's really nice:)


You can also see how Dave took off all the trim (including the window) and painted it all white.

This is a wall decor I found and decided I wanted to try. I think I will keep looking for maybe a couple different paper designs, but like I said, for now it will do.


This of course, is my favorite:)


This is my other favorite (the picture on the wall)--remember me talking about how I couldn't get one good picture out of 200 at the temple last fall? Well, I guess I lied--depending on what you were looking for. You can't see their faces but I truly love this so I guess it was worth it after all! This fit perfect with this idea my friend had on her wall and I have been wanting to do it ever since I saw it. Thanks for letting me copy Sarah. The saying is "Lead me, Guide me, Walk beside me":) which comes from a beautiful primary song "I am a child of God".

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Love it. How did you do the b&w wall hangings? I do not remember seeing them in Sarah's house. The piano picture is awesome.

Cari said...

It looks awesome! I can't wait to get a closer look. I am curious about the wall hangings too. I might have to do something like that!

Babbel Family said...

It looks awesome.

Michelle said...

wow. i am way impressed! love the wall! way cool!