So Jordan is turning 9 tomorrow---9!!!! I just can't believe it. This was a year for him to celebrate with a "friend" party, which worked out nice since we are moving and we wanted him to be able to do something with his friends. I now laugh and say I'm never going to say "never" because things that I have said that about "I will never..." I find myself doing.:) So the last birthday party Jordan had with his friends I was 2 days away from delivering Megan (of course I didn't know that) and we made a home-made cake, pinata, etc and had it at a local park. Of course during the pinata fiasco the big pregnant lady (me) got hit by the kid trying to hit the pinata --yes just like those "funniest home videos". So needless-to-say as I watched seven 9 year olds running around Bonkers (indoor playland)and having a blast I decided this was the best decision and worth every penny:) I also marveled that my grandma really had 6 boys of her own...I can only imagine what her house must have been like on a daily basis!
Monday, April 7, 2008
Going Bonkers!
So Jordan is turning 9 tomorrow---9!!!! I just can't believe it. This was a year for him to celebrate with a "friend" party, which worked out nice since we are moving and we wanted him to be able to do something with his friends. I now laugh and say I'm never going to say "never" because things that I have said that about "I will never..." I find myself doing.:) So the last birthday party Jordan had with his friends I was 2 days away from delivering Megan (of course I didn't know that) and we made a home-made cake, pinata, etc and had it at a local park. Of course during the pinata fiasco the big pregnant lady (me) got hit by the kid trying to hit the pinata --yes just like those "funniest home videos". So needless-to-say as I watched seven 9 year olds running around Bonkers (indoor playland)and having a blast I decided this was the best decision and worth every penny:) I also marveled that my grandma really had 6 boys of her own...I can only imagine what her house must have been like on a daily basis!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Well, the 6 boys weren't all the same age--which made it VERY interesting, but I'll bet Grandma would have had a blast watching Jordan and his friends!!! (It WAS her idea to give all the boys dart guns for Christmas when they were all married!)
Happy Birthday Jordan! It looks like those boys are having the time of their lives!!!!
What a fun party for him! So nice of you! I am all for hosting the party elsewhere as well - way less stress and WAY less mess!!
Phillip always reminds me to never say never and never say always. It annoys me because most the time I'm not even talking about anything important and he'll say "we should never say always." Sigh.
Looks like a blast and I think you are smart to do it there.
Post a Comment