There is just so much truth in "you can never underestimate the influence of fathers in their children's lives". Our kids have been real troopers as we have had less time with dad lately but this past week has reconfirmed to me that even though they are doing well, there are just no substitues for dad. Someone knocks on the door and they run down the hall yelling "daddy daddy" only to be surprised and disappointed he's not on the other side. So despite my doctors advice "don't go, but if you do---just don't tell me:)" we loaded up and visited dad on Saturday. Megan cried every time I put her back in the van and Dave was driving his truck as we cruised different neighborhoods and areas in our search for our new adventure. It was sad and I tried to comfort her that he was right in front of us. Despite the 40 degree weather (yes it was April 11th) we stopped at a park to play for awhile. And yes I am not too proud to say I was sitting in the van while dad got to be the superstar playmate--that is who they wanted anyway and I don't blame them. He is the best dad in the world! It was a "treasured moment" just to watch them.
Wednesday, April 16, 2008
Daddy time
There is just so much truth in "you can never underestimate the influence of fathers in their children's lives". Our kids have been real troopers as we have had less time with dad lately but this past week has reconfirmed to me that even though they are doing well, there are just no substitues for dad. Someone knocks on the door and they run down the hall yelling "daddy daddy" only to be surprised and disappointed he's not on the other side. So despite my doctors advice "don't go, but if you do---just don't tell me:)" we loaded up and visited dad on Saturday. Megan cried every time I put her back in the van and Dave was driving his truck as we cruised different neighborhoods and areas in our search for our new adventure. It was sad and I tried to comfort her that he was right in front of us. Despite the 40 degree weather (yes it was April 11th) we stopped at a park to play for awhile. And yes I am not too proud to say I was sitting in the van while dad got to be the superstar playmate--that is who they wanted anyway and I don't blame them. He is the best dad in the world! It was a "treasured moment" just to watch them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I can relate to your 40 degree weather unfortunately. It was 80 degrees Monday and it snowed Tue and Wed. How's that for weather?? ( I would have stayed in the van too!)
You are such a trooper. I don't know how you're doing the single mom thing being 9 months pregnant, and trying to sell your house and be primary prez. You should win an award or something. :)
Oh that is so sad that Megan cried each time she got in the car, yet so sweet! That does say a lot about what a good dad he is!!
Post a Comment