Saturday, March 27, 2010

Bad to worse to JUST WRONG...


Yes, this is a warrant out for my arrest...yep--it's real. This is what I found when I got my mail this weekend. Of course I had to wait to get things straightened out because I knew you would turn me. :) Also I knew one day I could laugh about this ridiculous and pathetic use of our tax payers money but obviously that was not on Monday. Let's just say (sparing you a LONG blog and lots of craziness details) that your hard earned money is being so utterly wasted by people making such stupid clerical errors trying to hunt down a mom of 4 who just last year received her FIRST time ever speeding ticket. From there it went to this....So needless-to-say Monday was quite a day for me as I tried to find last minute babysitting for all my kids (spring break of course) as I had to drive quite a ways to get this straightened out when they ADMITTED over the phone WEEKS ago that this was their mistake and "not to worry". I have been appalled at the way I was treated by people on the phone and even the courtroom even though in front of me it was admitted that this was due to their error "this is the little gal I told you about who..blah blah ...because we made a mistake." As I mentioned there are many details that I'm sparing you but let's just say as I was leaving the courtroom the lady says to me: "If I were YOU I would call in about 2 weeks and make sure they have filed this paper AND THEN just one day before the next "assigned court day" for me I would call me and make sure I got it again.....because, well...people make mistakes ------uh, ya think?
When I walked out to my car I had used the parking brake and when I pulled it to release it, I broke the cable. When a cop came by I was so grateful since I was not feeling very safe. As he gets out he looks at me and says "yeah, I don't know a thing about that. I can't help you. I can call a tow truck for you.....oh, that makes me nervous"
me "what"
cop "that is a police helicopter up there".
me (thinking---great this is getting better by the minute)
So he was not helpful but luckily after asking stranger after stranger, the security guard and eventually a park ranger became my Knights in Shining Armor (all I needed was a screwdriver).(no offense to Dave who is always my Knight but this time was spending the week in sunny California).
I thought it was over. However 2 days later I was faxing the LAST information to the people that needed it and even though I got the confirmation the fax went through, I thought I should call and make sure. And yes, as I talked to them, they said we got it but now I don't see this other paper (one I have sent in 2 months ago) So she goes, "you know, you better just fax that one to me too". I'm like "I already sent that one in months ago and there wasn't a problem." And she was like "yeah well I don't see it so just fax it to me and I'll make sure it all gets there.".....As you can imagine I'm not feeling very confident.

So here is to your tax money and to a good laugh that my kids can share one day to their kids that "grandma had a warrant out for her arrest".

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yikes. I'm sorry! What a way to spend a day of spring break! Hope I'm not cursing myself just reading about it!

Cari said...

If it makes you feel any better, it isn't much better here. A friend of ours was arrested and carted off to jail, mug shots and everything, because she had a warrant out that she didn't know about. The best part...the warrant was for an unpaid ticket from years ago (she never knew about the ticket) when her dog (who is now dead) ran away.